Monday, June 13, 2011

Jammin' it up!

I spend a lot of time by myself in my kitchen (since I have my own baking one.) I recently got this craving to make jam like my grandmas'. I began formulating a plan to make it. Luckily I have a great friend who goes along with my crazy baking ideas. She was more than happy to jump aboard the jam train.

I arrived at her house with many strawberries, pectin, sugar, my amazing immersion blender, and jalapenos. (I said I had a lot of time to myself.) We opened the sure gel and read the instructions thoroughly and were off.


We quickly accomplished one batch and decided it was pretty easy. Now on to the next three! The second batch is the one we decided to try with jalapenos. It was fun to keep trying it to see how hot it was in an attempt to not make hot inedible jam. It came out really great. I'm really excited that my crazy idea went well. My friend is thinking of using hers as a meat marinade. I think it's a terrific idea.

The only downside it that I touched my eyes with my jalapenos hands. It was painful and embarrassing. That's all I'll say.

The jam came out beautiful and I am so excited to smother toast in it and share it with many others!

My friend made her's all cute and crafty. She's amazing at it! So this is a picture of her jar....mine are sad and bare.

No comments: