Saturday, October 15, 2011

CHOCOLATE BREAD

There is a new bread trend going around the country and ever since I've heard of it I've been unable to get it out of my head. I've been dreaming of finally getting to make it and I finally did!

Meet my chocolate brioche.


It was so delicious and so odd. It was so crazy to eat a yeast bread chuck full of chocolate and yet have it taste savory instead of sweet. It was so fun to make, now I want to make chocolate bread for everything....too bad it doesn't work well for most things. I mean who wants to eat a hamburger on chocolate bread? Weird, yes.

We have decided to do a few things with chocolate bread at the restaurant however. It made it debut as chocolate french toast this weekend with chocolate covered bananas coated in pistachios. Delicious? I think so. Soon it will also be made into chocolate bread pudding.... at least I hope so!

Chocolate Breads the new thing and I'm so grateful that it is!

No comments: