Thursday, February 18, 2010

45 People!!

Today we had a party at work...45 people at the same time, oh and did I mention that was in addition to our normal lunch service. It was madness. There was so many people behind the line running around. It was I need the pasta...where's the cheese? How are the burgers coming? Do you have fries ready? Is my soup boiling...oh no it's burning... The list goes on and on. It was crazy and yet incredibly fun. I had a blast despite the organized chaos! I wish I could possibly describe the rush you feel running around in circles with panic going through your brain trying to remain calm on the outside because did I mention that I work in a open kitchen? It is fun though. I get to see the customers and talk to some of them. It is distracting though because I love to people watch and you get interesting people in the restaurant and everyone eats so different and I find it fascinating...which makes me distracted often. It's not a good thing! Tomorrow I work the line for dinner and it's Friday which means busy busy! Just the way I like it! My family is also coming to eat tomorrow minus Nicole...sorry you can't make it! Come eat on anther day though. I am excited to see what my family thinks although it is a bit different than places we normally eat. It's amazing food but very modern and on the fine dining side! Wish me luck!!

No comments: