Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trying to Blog again!

I decided I would try and blog again....with more purpose this time! I am so excited to be living in Utah again although I am missing my Arizona winters. Since finishing culinary school in December (Thank Goodness!) I am setting off to a life in food. I am working at a new restaurant in downtown Salt Lake called the Copper Onion.
It is a trendy casual fine dining restaurant with modern American food. It is fun and creative and most important one of the best learning experiences I could ask for. It main draw to me was that is specializes in from scratch cooking. Homemade everything! (YUM YUM!) From the homemade pasta, to cheese and great bread. We have amazing vegetables and our proteins are nice and fresh, many fabricated in house. Our desserts are stellar and our homemade ice creams are creative and delicious! I don't want to sound bias or anything since I do work there but the food really is great. Everything I have ate there has been amazing.
I think I was most impressed recently with the brussel sprouts. I am not a big fan...they are mini cabbages as my mom says and I don't like them. I tried them at work and was amazed at good they were. They were nothing like the mini cabbages from my past. They are excellent!
Come by and check it out! You won't leave hungry!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Megan! I am so excited to keep up on your life again!

Nicole said...

Wow, you actually updated! It is a miracle!