Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Gingerbread Galore!











I am so excited! The advanced baking class at school is making gingerbread houses and displaying them in the restaurant. After staring at them for days I decided to make some but it would be no fun by myself so I am have a gingerbread house decorating party! I am so super excited! I have never decorated a real gingerbread house before and I am making them for everyone! I hope everything works out well! I made cute little gingerbread men for invitations and then wrapped them like candy to give to my guests. It was super easy to do and they look super cute and taste great as well!








The Christmas spirit is in full swing at school. We have gingerbread villages in the restaurant as well as we have been serving holiday sangrias and next week we are making candy cane martinis and the drink "The Grinch" whatever that entails! We are so excited for the holidays and just can't wait!








As other notes today I served in the restaurant and I spilled a coke all over some lady's arm. I felt so awful and my day was a diaster after that. It was awful. I am much better suited to the kitchen and am glad that is where I have chosen to stay! If I drop something there normally if doesn't affect anyone but me...and it for sure doesn't ever hit a customer! I miss the kitchen and am excited to get back to it!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

How fun! Good luck with your party. Those gingerbread men are so cute! (Your blog is darling!)