Friday, December 5, 2008

Red Hats

Today has been an awful day. I am sitting at home on my red couch with a hundred things to do and yet I can not muster any energy to do them. I am just exhausted. I am in the front of the restaurant and have been completely bored the whole week until today. Today was a diaster. It would take to long to explain the details but the first half of the problem was I did two people's job today and it killed me. The other half of the equation is that we had the Red Hats come today. I used to like red and purple. Not anymore. Red hats are some silly old ladies that get together to visit and have fun. They also wear Red and Purple....everything including huge crazy hats! Well this year, they decided to have their Christmas party at our restaurant. They were picky, rude and noisy. Du Jour (the restaurant) is fine dining and they turned it into a diaster. It was messy and they wouldn't leave until almost an hour after school got out. We all had to wait an extra hour to leave. It was just awful and they weren't even nice and we didn't even get good tips because of their special group rate. The next time I see old ladies in red and purple with hats on....I am running the other way I fast as I can!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a bummer! I am sorry that you had a tough day!