Tuesday, December 2, 2008

the Final Countdown!

I official only have less than 3 weeks left of my academic portion of school! I am so excited! I am currently helping to run the front of the house. Today was my first time serving and I was so excited because I didn't drop any trays, food, or spill anything on anyone. I may have not been the most graceful and correct server but I don't think anyone noticed. I did my very best although my left and right handed serving may have been a bit off. I even got a 40% tip today. It was from a super sweet lady and boy she was a doll. It was a good day today even though it was a bit slow.
It always amazes me though how we can take the simplest things and make them beautiful. Today our amuse bouche (palate warmer) was a take on a shrimp quesadilla. It looked nothing like a quesadilla though and it was simple and very beautiful. It had a shrimp mousse, with a goregous pico de gallo and a avacado-truffle creme. it also came with a little fried tortilla. It was amazing and everyone seemed to love them. It is terrific to be able to take something so casual and simple and dress it up and make it elegant and high-class.

No comments: